Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ouch!!!

     It takes a special courage to get old.  Now, I know that some of you will say that considering the alternative, getting old is appealing.  It still takes an enormous amount of courage.  Many times I have heard the saying "If I only knew then what I know now" speaking about wisdom, well what about health?  Can we turn this around by saying "If I only felt now like I felt then"?  Those little aches and pains that we dismissed as just an annoyance in our younger years didn't slow us down.  Those same little aches and pains are not so little anymore.  We "soldier" on in our daily lives as best we can, but it hurts!
    Two weeks ago I threw my back out, how I don't know.  Normally one or two trips to the chiropractor, 800 milligrams of Ibuprophen and icepacks fix me right up in a day or two.  Even the ultrasonic therapy and the electronic stimulation has failed. How am I going to play golf tomorrow?  I haven't played golf for two months and I am going stir crazy.  I had surgery on my stomach in August which my doctor would not let me play so as not to injure the repairs to my stomach.  Oh the misery of it all.  Courage, my son...   

No comments:

Post a Comment