Friday, December 9, 2011

Neither Here Nor There

     Yes, I am here.  Someone asked me last night if I was there.  How can I be here and there at the same time?  Isn't that impossible?  Since I am here and not there, how can I be there when I am here?  I have been accused of being not all there, and that is very true because I cannot be there and here at the same time. 
     This brings up another question.  Can I get there from here?  I think the answer to that is a solid no, because if I get there I am no longer there I am here.  I can arrive, but my there is no longer there it is here.
     I am on my way to Starbuck's to meet with a friend.  I will be there soon.  If you call me on the phone and ask me if I am at Starbuck's, I will answer yes.  If you ask me if I am there I will answer no, I am here at Starbuck's.  How can I be there at Starbuck's when I am here at Starbuck's?
     This is leading me to another point.  I haven't had my coffee yet.  Your assignment for today as I am trying to get your participation in all of this is to ponder the logic in all of this.  You can come to only one logical conclusion, and that is:  What the heck is he talking about? I don't think he knows. Quite frankly, I don't know and if you came to that conclusion bravo too you.  Go to the head of the class. Keep your wits about you, because tomorrow comes the "you and I" discussion.   Remember, I haven't had my coffee yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment