Monday, September 15, 2014

Que fragar, chi chungue. (continued)

OK, so I'm on vacation and away from a computer.  This is a repost from August 7, 2011.  Enjoy it.
Kind of looks like an Italian Villa, doesn't it?
 
 This time, I promise I will keep my fat fingers away from the post key.  I want to continue my thoughts from yesterday.  One could ask if I had any thoughts from yesterday, but that would be cruel.
     Today is it, the day of the performance.  Am I nerveous, no.  I know just how bad a performer I am, so I can't get any worse.  I will just do my best with the knowledge that I am not going to quit my day job. Oh, That's right...I don't have a day job anymore.  Well, I am retired you know.  My confidence is very high and I can do this.  How hard is walking out on a stage with several classically trained professional singers, fake a few bars of music ( I didn't say that E. and R., I know my music... sort of) and wear a costume that makes me look silly.  It will all be over quickly.  That's what they told the condemned when they walked up to the guillotine.
     This is my long awaited [snicker, snicker] and expected debut into the world  of opera performer.  I think, especially if you come and witness my performance, it will also be my farewell performance.  It is going to be my alpha and my omega, my finest work.  I have dwelled longer than I should in the operetic world of champaign and caviar. It is time for my return to the real world of fruit punch crystal light, and potato chips. My outstreched arms have siezed the day and reached out of the comfort zone to expand my horizons.  Donzetti, I have met you at your finest and I haven't flinched or backed down, butchered your work but not caved to your difficulties.  There is victory here over the dreaded musical score, with its notes that are higher in the bass line than in the tenor line.  Fear has been defeated! ( I didn't say anything about my incompetence as an opera singer, just fear.)
     It is time to put away the performer and return to the world of the spectator.  Many of you will feel that this is a sad day, However, the majority will rejoyce that they do not have to witness me in this stupid Ben Franklin coustume making a fool of myself. [By the way, where is my kite and key?  Can you show me the way to the French Royal Court? Is it time for me to come up with smething brilliant to be put into the Declaration, Mr. Jefferson?]  In my mind I have finally come to grips with reality and it is time to come back to the world of enjoying the fine entertainment of The Blue Man Group.  My fall is complete.
     Tonight, I must say that there will be sadness.  My opera career will be over.  But, there will always be other challenges.  I have to ask myself what is next....Balet....Hmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment