Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Achy, Breaky, Heart--Sorry Billy Ray

     My heart was truly achy-breaky a few months ago.  I wound up in the hospital for a condition known as congestive heart failure. It seems as though the cause of this condition is not taking your blood pressure medication. Could this be true? OK, I confess--guilty as charged. Needless to say, I take my medications religiously and I feel very good except my weight is still up.I'm going to work on that.
     Today my heart isn't achy-breaky but my muscles sure are. Two weeks ago I bought a gym membership for myself and my wife.  Before you say that this can be trouble springing a gym membership on my wife, I must say that it is all right.  We have been talking about this for many months.  She wants to work out as well as we have both been gaining a bit of weight and are a bit further out of shape than we would like. I have gained almost 30 pounds since getting remarried and I can feel the effects. It is time to return to the gym.
     I actually like working out. My home in Fresno was close to the gym and I made it a point of working out at least three times a week.  My workout is very simple, 30 minutes of cardio and a circuit of lifting followed by a set of ab exercises and some stretching. I am not kidding myself into thinking that I am going to become a professional body builder, I just want to feel better and loose weight.
     Yesterday was my first day back at the gym working out.  Don't worry, I took it easy not wanting to break anything. However, the result of yesterday's workout was not an achy-breaky heart but i sure do have some muscles that are asking me what did I do that for? What they don't know or realize is I did it for them. Yes, I am sore, but it is a good sore and I can still function. Someday, I will write about my experiences with my "fitness instructor" when I first started working out.  That's another story.
   
Part of my new exercise routine at the gym--group piano moving. This is great exercise. Wait a minute, I was the one taking the picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment