Friday, September 5, 2014

Seafood!

     I was told by a good friend of mine that it is a seafood buffet we are going to tonight. It is not a fish buffet. Calling where we are going tonight to "pig" out a fish buffet is kind of like calling a Ferrari a car.  No, it is a Farrari and those of you in the know even take that a step further.  We call it a "Horse". If you know what I'm talking about, you know what I am talking about.  If you don't know what I'm talking about just email me and I will explain it. I have a story/thought line going here and I don't want my ADD to kick in and go somewhere else with it.  Stay with me on this one, I'm almost there. Let me take a sip of my coffee.
     It is the first Friday of the month and time for "THE" seafood buffet.  Twenty six dollars and ninty-five cents gets you all the grade A crab you can eat. My disposition changes when I get there and sit down to eat this wonderful feast.  You might say that I get a little--wait for it--crabby.  You knew that it was coming and I couldn't resist.  You would have been disappointed had I not thrown that in.
      Crab, crab, wonderful crab piled high.  And, this is the good stuff folks.  This is the kind you see caught on "The Deadliest Catch". Oops, sorry but that's the wrong species. That's King Crab they catch in Alaska on "Deadliest Catch" and with respect to the Hildebrandts and the Nielsens of this world and the show, the crab at the buffet is California Dungeness. It is still wonderful and sweet.
     I LOVE CRAB!  My wife doesn't and I think that I should say here that I don't love crab more than I love my wife--wow, did I almost walk into that one. (What a save.) She thinks that it is too much work to crack the shell in order to secure such little meat. I love my wife dearly and she is entitled to her opinion. As for me and--well, me--I will eat crab. There is nothing like pulling that succulent meat out of the shell you have just cracked and dipping that meat in some drawn butter.  Be careful though, the butter will stain if you get any on your clothes.  Oh well, it is well worth the cleaning bill.  I use Zout and it seems to work quite well. I like seeing the pile of cab shells pile in front of me, kind of like the days of the caveman.
     Yes, they do have fish in a variety of styles among other things as well.  They have Shrimp Scampi, Coconut Shrimp, calimari, octopus on occassion--I don't care for octopus that much even though I'm Greek--sauteed scallops, braised asparagus in a balsamic vinagrette--who puts vegetables on a seafood buffet go figure- and of course some very good chioppino--but really? I say, BRING ON THE CRAB!!!!!
     Have you gone to my website http//the-golf-course-travel-bag.com and viewed my latest videos? I am very proud of them and my website. My newest video is a sort of introduction to who I am and the website itsel and I would encourage you to take a look at it here: http://youtu.be/2VSgOYis-M8
     Wish me luck tonight as I will be "shelling" out a lot of money for a meal. OK, you knew I couldn't resist. Sometimes I "crack" myself up.I guess I will"claw" my way out of this. STOPPPPPPP!!!!!!!
OOps, sorry wrong restaurant.  Where's the crab? 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment