Friday, February 22, 2013

And The Beat Goes On....

     I like that phrase.  It has its place in human thought and is quite profound.  There is a lot of truth in that phrase as well. The companion piece to it probably could be "The more things change, they stay the same", but I am only going to comment on "And the beat goes on", with apologies to Sonny and Cher. I could comment on Sonny and Cher as well. I won't as you know, I go off subject quite a bit but I won't here. Denise is trying to help me with my attention deficit so I'm going to go back to my original thought.
     Life does not stop but keeps moving on. Once you finish something or end some sort of experience, life does not end.  Its on to the next experience or opportunity. You can take the time to enjoy an accomplishment or fun experience or mourn the loss of something special.  Time must be taken for that and you must stop to smell the roses or the limberger cheese depending on the nature of the experience, but after a time it is time to move on.  That is a term I have heard a lot, and sometime I will tell that story but not here. At any rate, go on to the next experience in life and enjoy that experience--good or bad, happy or sad.
     As you know, I play golf.  When I hole out that 50 foot putt on number eighteen to end my round I have to take time to savor the accomplishment. But guess what,  I have to pay off the twenty-five cent bet that I just lost for the round. After a time of fellowship and adult beverages-- now available in the Riverbend clubhouse--it is time to share the round with buddies and pay up.  After this, back to reality as I get in my car--or not because I don't have a car right now-- and drive back to the real world. The beat goes on.
     As a freelance writer, I write and then sell whatever I write to whoever will buy and publish my works.  I then get paid.  Right now that doesn't happen very often, but again that is another story and I am getting off the subject again--help me Denise. That's it, I'm done and must write something else and sell it. The beat goes on.  That's life.  I'm OK with that, but if any publishers are reading this I am available.(Please!)
The round is over, now back to reality.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment