Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm Not A Clean Freak

     Organization is a good thing.  The only thing is that God in his infinite wisdom forgot to give me the skill of organization.  I guess I will have to learn it on my own. Darn.
     I have a fantastic filing system.  I know where things are and it is based on chronology, not on category.  Most people place stuff in files based on categories and topics.  For example, bank statements go in the bank statement file, phone bills in the phone bill file, Cable TV bills in their file and so on.  This is not very creative.
     I prefer the chronological pile method.  As bills come in, you pile them on your desk.  You know about when the bill or important document came in, so if you don't disturb the pile the document is there.  What could be more simpler.  To put these bills in file folder is a waste of energy that could be better spent on other activities.  Do you know how much stamina and energy it takes to play the video slot machines on Facebook? Expending the energy to file these documents would make the slot machine process much more emotional and would drain the brain of the necessary nutrients to make important decisions. How would I make the critical decision on wagering 50 credits for 15 lines and for how long if my vital store of nutrients has been depleted because of the expenditure of critical nutrients on filing documents in their proper files?  Come on people, it is a matter of priorities.
     Now, where is that $100 check. Let's see, I received it last month and need to cash it.  Which pile is it in. I think it is this one over here.  That is the December-January pile.  It should be in there. Nope, it's not there--notice I used the right it's. Let me look in November's pile. Oh shucks, I have to find that check so excuse me.




That's Winston Churchill.  I guess he was pretty organized.







By the way Denise, there was no $100 check.  I just used that as an example and for comic effect.  Don't get mad at me because there is honestly no $100 check.    

No comments:

Post a Comment