Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Facing Facebook

     Technology and I don't get along very well.  I am all in favor for new ways of doing things, but when does it go too far?  This is not the world I grew up in and that can be good and bad.  For me, the jury is still out.
     You can friend me on Facebook.  I can friend you on Facebook.  What would happen if I just want to "friend" you.  Do I have to do it electronically, or can I just call you up on the phone and have coffee at Starbuck's.  That brings up another question, what phone do I call you on? Do I call you on my cell phone, or my land line? At this point, who has a land line anyway.
    Speaking of landline, I know people who still have their landline and it is a video phone.  When I am talking on the telephone, there are times I don't want to be seen.  How about when you answer the phone that rings right after you get out of the shower.  The phone rings, you go to the phone as an impulse and forget where you have just been.  You answer the phone dripping wet, do you really want someone to see you in this state? It is not a problem to me because people are always telling me I'm all wet.
     This post is not going exactly where I wanted it to go, but I think that you get the point. What did we do before U-tube, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and now Pinterest? I still had friends, or friend actually.  I remember clay tablets and typewriters.  As a matter of fact, I remember two cans stuck together with a string.
"Tanks" for reading my blog.
     Excuse me now, I have to sign up for a Pinterest account. My, have things changed.
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment