Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Plain, Chocolate, Hazelnut or French Vanilla (Part what, 4? I don't know)

     You know my thoughts on flavored coffee beans.  By the way, do you grind fresh or buy ground coffee.  Never mind, I need to get back to the subject.  Let's take a look at creamers and flavored creamers. I pity the poor bean who has given its life in order to provide the coffee drinker with the rich flavor we all enjoy.
     Once brewed, you have in your cup the nectar of the gods.  Black is the best way to enjoy the steamy liquid, and I have before.  I prefer a good half and half with a bit of artificial sweetener in mine. I said HALF AND HALF, not a flavored creamer.  I have gone to regular milk or 2% milk because I am trying to cut down on my weight. No flavored creamer for me.
     The bean has given its life and has been roasted. It has been ground, bathed in a dowsing of steaming hot water and has released the wonderfulness of nut like flavors. Its job is done, and we must respect the sacrifice it has made. Now it is liquid and contained in a cup, I prefer a mug myself which I have purchased from the gift shops located in the numerous and exotic locations I have visited. That's another thing I can explore later, but yet again I am off the topic. Don't disrespect the sacrifice of the noble bean by adding a flavored creamer.
     I recently purchased a cup of fine "joe" in a restaurant.  There was no creamer on the table. When I asked for some creamer, assuming that I would get half and half, the waitress--excuse me, server--brought me an assortment of flavored creamers. Where was the half and half.  My thoughts were "Thou shalt not defile the memory of the noble coffee bean which has sacrificed its life to provide us with a heavenly brew". I didn't say anything other than, "Excuse me, do you have any regular half and half?"
   The waitress--uh server--looked at me as if to say what century are you from sir.  She very politely replied, "Oh yes, sir.  I will have some out to you right now." She was back in a flash with the real stuff.
     My son adds "Almond Joy" creamer to his coffee in the morning.  By the way, he rarely finishes his cup of coffee, so I don't consider him a coffee head.  Who would of thought of "Almond Joy" creamer.  I love Almond Joys, but just not in my coffee. Its not coffee, it is a coffee flavored Almond Joy. I love my son very much, but come on. Again, think of the sacrifice of the bean.
These guys don't use flavored coffee creamers.  Well, maybe the guy in the stocking hat does.
     I pity the poor but noble coffee bean. It has given its life in a total sacrifice only to be disrespected by we humans trying to change the nature of its being.  I refuse to take part in this blasphemy.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment