Thursday, February 27, 2014

Darn...I Missed It!

     Sometimes I am asked what it is like being retired.  I get questioned about all the time I have on my hands and how I am able to play golf every day.  I want to assure you that that doesn't happen, especially when you are broke.  Remember, I am a starving artist--even worse a starving writer.
     What is art anyway?  Art is art, not something you sell to make money.  It is the expression, isn't it?  Its not the monetary value of the product. Sorry, I am off course again.  But certainly if you have the inclination to make a donation, I wouldn't refuse.***** 
     Let's see, what was I going to write about today?  Oh, yes, my retirement and what do I do with my time.  I am very busy, not playing golf of course although I did play yesterday before it rained. It didn't cost much, the course had a pre-rain special so I took advantage of it. Got 18 holes in too and played pretty well. Is it bad to treat yourself every now and then?
     Wow!  I can't believe I just did that.  I just turned the T.V. off to come in here--my office for those of you who don't know where I write--and work.  See, I am committed to working--er, uh writing. Remember, I am not in this for the money.  Its the art and the expression. Now what do I say? Hmmm....
     I have a recliner in my office and it is calling my name--just had lunch.  Let's see what the recliner has to offer as far as story ideas and what to write.  Excuse me for a moment while I get into a more creative and thoughtful state. This feels really good.  I think I will just close my eyes and visualize my happy place for a  moment. This is very difficult, this creativity mode so pardon me for a minute while I visualize.
Sometimes I see some strange animals in my visualization time.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


*****Author's note and disclaimer: Donations are not necessary, this was just a literary device to get a laugh.

  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment