Sunday, February 2, 2014

Poor Little Spoon...

     Denise and I went to breakfast with some friends and my step son yesterday morning.  A tragedy was almost averted. It was a sad affair, but the outcome was positive and nobody was hurt. I am truly glad that things turned out the way they did.
     We sat down and ordered.  There was a light atmosphere at the table where we chatted and shared some laughs.  Then it happened, the tragic event.  It kind of caught me off guard.
     Our drinks were served and the fellowship at our table continued and I had an iced tea.  I heard this faint sound, but didn't know where it was coming from. For a moment, I ignored it thinking it was just a figment of my imagination.  The sound grew louder, and would not go away. I continued to ignore the muffled sounds until it was time to put the sweetener (the pink kind and I know its not good for you) and squeeze the lemon into my tea.  I like a lot of lemon in my tea. it kind of kills the taste.  I know, why drink iced tea if you don't like the taste of tea but you have to remember who is writing this. At any rate, back to my story I need to move on my coffee is getting cold.
     There it was, drowning.  It was helpless and because of its weight could not swim. I could see it very well, because of its grey silvery color contrasted with the chestnut brown and transparent ice of the tea.  It was a small teaspoon, trying to extricate itself from the deadly mix of transparent brown liquid. The glass was too deep, and the spoon could not get its head, or handle, above the level of the tea.  If I didn't act fast, the spoon would perish. Oh, you poor little spoon.
     I removed the spoon from its icy, brown peril and the spoon thanked me as I place the spoon in my wife's cup of coffee (OK, I made that one up because Denise doesn't drink coffee.  It just sounded pretty good.) to warm it up.  It had lost a great amount of body heat and was shivering after I took it out of the tea in order for hypothermia not to set in.
     Don't call me a hero, I don't need the accolades.  There is actually more to the story, something about the little silvery spoon that thought it could, each time it looked down at the inside of the glass of tea would say "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can can..." and jumped into the tea but couldn't.  I won't share that with you though, as the whole incident can make you pretty emotional.
     I'm proud of the preceding story.  I now it sounds stupid, and it is but after all it is Sunday and I haven't posted for a couple of days.  I needed to spoon something out to you.





Don't get mad at me for that one. Thank you for reading.
A spoon wouldn't drown in here. Its not deep enough.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment