Thursday, February 6, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays Don't Always Get Me Down

     It is raining today.  We truly have to thank God for this, because of the severe drought we are having here in California.  The rain is very much welcomed.  But, with all due respect to Karen-rest her soul-and Richard Carpenter rainy days and Mondays don't always get me down.  In fact, I kind of like both.
     Mondays are no different for me than say a Saturday, Sunday or a Tuesday for that matter.  I am a writer and retired school teacher so I write whenever the spirit moves. The world doesn't wait for creativity. When an idea flashes in my head, I have to act upon it. Other things flash in my head as well, but we won't go there. There are people and others watching.
     Bottom line is that my workplace is in my office, which is on the other side of my house.  The T.V. is in the living room which is in the middle of the house from our bedroom. so I have to watch it.  I didn't mean actually "watch it", what I meant was I have to be careful that I don't waste a lot of time in front of the "boob tube" watching The Military Channel.  I think you get the point. I am getting pretty good about staying away from the T.V. when I have something to do. What about the kitchen?
     Mondays can be hard though.  Denise works a heavy schedule on Monday.  She works at U.C. Merced, as I have said, and parking there is atrociously expensive.  She either bums a ride with her friend or I take her.  When I have to take her, it kind of screws up my schedule.  I try to write, but I can't get into a rhythm as far as hatching new ideas for my writing.  The words just don't come.  For the most part, the day is shot, although yesterday I reattached a bathroom cabinet door.  That was one of those projects that you say you are going to get around to but never do.  Well, I got around to it and the door is on. I honestly don't mind the time I spend with her driving her.  Instead-now you know this is coming-of it being Driving Miss Daisy, its Driving Mrs. Rallis. You can groan here.
     I love rainy days.  In fact, it is raining here now.  I could write about all the poetic stuff about the smells and the light and all that, but I won't.  Quite frankly, I am out of stuff to write about now because I wrote so much
This is about the only rainy day picture I have.  It was taken on a Sunday.
about Monday.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment