Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Coffee--Part Aren't You Tired About Me Writing About Coffee?

     All right, here it is.  This is my last post about coffee.  I would think that you are getting tired about reading about it and that I am getting a bit repetitive. I promise that this will be the last post about coffee--maybe.  Considering I don't know what I am going to write about until I actually sit down and start writing, that's a tall order.
     I will give it to you straight.  I just don't approve of flavored coffee creamers. It's called cream, and that's it.  You ask for coffee--cream and sugar--not an Almond Joy flavored with a little bit of coffee. If I wanted an Almond Joy candy bar--I had to throw that in there in case those of you in Poland didn't know what an Almond Joy was (welcome back, Poland) and wouldn't catch that comment--I would go down to the 7-11 (store) around the corner and buy one. I mentioned 7-11 here because I get a kickback from them every time I mention them. I am a starving writer, you know.
     I realize it all started with Coffee-Mate. By the way, I hate Coffee-Mate. I want the flavor of the cream in my coffee, not the flavor of some unknown powder made from who knows what.  I want to know that I can trust what I put in my coffee--cream or milk and artificial sweetner. It's just that simple. I want to taste the coffee, not the cinnamon.  I want my coffee to be coffee, not hot chocolate with a touch of chocolate which brings us to mocha.
     Starbucks will destroy this world, I'm telling you.  Coffee is coffee, cream and sugar and that's it. Espresso is pushing the outside of the envelope. I admit that I love a good cup, if you could call the drop of coffee that it truly is, of Greek coffee. This is still coffee.
     Starbucks on the other hand is an affront to coffee lovers everywhere with their frilly concoctions based on coffee. They pollute the very nature of the dark liquid brew we love. Even more than that, they charge a price for this that even royalty thinks twice about investing in. What is a carmel machiato anyway and do I really need a iced coffee latte with whiped cream and chocolate on top? I don't think so. If I want a coffee flavored cup of hot chocolate, I will make one.
     Coffee is coffee.
All those coffee choices to make.  I like my coffee with cream and sugar, very simple with few choices.  Now, which cup do I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment