Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday Morning

    What day is it?  Come on now, what day is it.  Sorry Geico camel, it's not Wednesday.  Today is Saturday--the weekend. It's 6:44 PDT in the morning too.  I should be sleeping still because it is the weekend.  But no, I am wide awake.  Why am I wide awake?
   Let's see.  I think I can make this a relative thing. What time is it in Arizona?  Oh yes, they don't do daylight savings there in Arizona, so it is still 6:44 in the morning.  That's too early to be getting up.  I won't call the owner of the Arizona Diamondbacks and tell him his team lost last night to the Giants. I don't want to get him out of bed for any earth shattering news.
     I could call my cousin in New Haven, Connecticutt. It's 9:44 Eastern Daylight Time back there. That's late enough, isn't it? Maybe I won't.  I don't call him much even though I should.  He's still sore at me for not paying back the $40 I borrowed from him in 1976. Thanks for the loan 'cuz, I appreciate it.  I was just thinking about that. I'll send you the money soon, good buddy.
     Some good friends of ours are in Hawaii right now.  Maybe I will call them and ask how it's going and if they are having a great time. What time is it in Hawaii? Where's my phone?  Here, let me make the call because I need to talk to someone.
     Hello, Dan?  How are you doing? How are things going on your vacation? Oh, you are on vacation?  You don't have to use that "stupid" word. What's that?  Do I know what time it is in Hawaii?  Well yes, I do know what time it is in Hawaii.  It's 6:45, isn't it? No?  What time is it then? 4:45?  Oops, sorry.  I thought it was 6:45 on Saturday and the world should be awake. Don't tell me to go back to bed and don't use that tone of voice on me.  Be careful Dan.  Remember that you have high blood pressure.  By the way, did you take your medications this morning?
     I thought that went well.  I had no idea it was two hours earlier in Hawaii.
Hey, The sun's up and I'm awake.  Shouldn't everyone be awake? 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment