Thursday, July 31, 2014

Getting Old Is Hard--But Consider The Alternatives

     Getting old is hard, but if you consider the alternatives, it's not that bad at all. It actually has it's advantages. Besides, I don't feel a day over 60.  Oh, wait a minute I am over 60.  That may explain the reason my back is hurting a little today.
     Once I turned 55, I qualified for some very nice discounts. I can order off the senior menu at Denny's. That omelet that they overcharge for in the first place which costs the regular customer $9 costs me only $6.  That is a savings of $3.  That is a pretty hefty savings.  The omelet is only two eggs instead of three, but for three dollars, I can live with that.  There is no discount for the coffee, by the way.  We all know how I feel about coffee.  Do they have Denny's in Poland?  I don't know.  See, I got you in here Poland because I appreciate you.
     As you get older you develop an appreciation for the finer things in life, like waking up in the morning. That is a very beautiful thing and I can get very poetic about watching the sun come up and such, but I won't. Waking up in the morning means that you get to spend another day on this wonderful planet, enjoying all that it has to offer, like bill collectors calling you but that's another story. Hey, the sky is blue, the coffee is done and I will pour a myself a cup. Let's sit down on the couch and enjoy another episode of "The Price Is Right". Why is the car they win always a Fiat?
    Ah yes, the life of a Senior Citizen is grand isn't it? Honey, will you hand me my cup of coffee please? I'm a Senior Citizen.
I think I'll do some yard work today.  Maybe not.
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment