Saturday, July 19, 2014

Weird Dream

     Yes, I know it is Saturday and I should be in bed still. The bottom line is that I am awake and my brain is rolling down the track like an unstoppable freight train. I hate it when that happens. Such was the case this morning, although I have been getting up earlier and earlier since it gets lighter earlier. Actually, I do like the quiet of the early morning.  Besides, the sippee cup guards are still asleep and I have a sort of feeling of freedom until they wake up.
     Today, I am awake for a couple of much different reasons. The freight train that is my brain in the morning was stopped on a siding and not going anywhere soon but my sixty year old bladder was awake.  It was informing me in no uncertain terms that it needed attention. As most sixty year old men a re very much aware of, that's not an unusual occurrence. I have said this many times that getting older does have its disadvantages, but you have to consider the alternatives.
     This morning I was awakened by a very strange dream. When I try to explain this, which I am not going to try to explain it I'm just going to tell you about it, you will probably say that I am weird.  Let me be adamant about this.  I am not weird I am just different. As for the dream, come on now.  We all have had some weird dreams before so don't go all judgemental on me. You just think about the last weird dream you had before you start saying anything. I must say though, this one was weird even by my standards.
     Someone was constructing a very large trench, I would assume that it was for a canal.  This thing was deep and very wide and was still being dug. The trench was probably 100 feet deep and hundred yards wide with the trench going on for miles. Trucks carrying the dirt from the digging would go by going both ways, kind of resembling a street and in the middle of this street was a dirt median.  The trucks were these huge two trailer trucks that you normally see in construction.
     On the right side of the trench, in the trench, was what appeared to be the main construction office.  Outside the office at the edge of the trench where the trucks would drive by was a tall basketball hoop on a tall pole.  As drivers would drive by it at nearly sixty miles an hour, they would throw basketballs at it trying to make a basket. They were pretty good at it too.  Not many of them missed. But wait, there's more to this.
     In the middle of the trench running the length of it was a pile of dirt, acting as a median for the trucks carrying dirt. In front of the construction office embedded in the median dirt pile was a 150 foot ladder, just standing there going nowhere. It was not an access ladder and wasn't standing on anything, it was just there reaching toward the stars and going nowhere. This thing was very unstable as well because it was just one of those household ladders that you would find at Home Depot or Lowe's. It wasn't one of those triangle ladders either.  How it was standing up is beyond me as is this dream.
     I'll cut to the chase here.  I had somehow gotten to the top of the ladder. How I got up there, I don't know and I couldn't climb down.  The truck drivers would yell at me, "Hey, you can't be up there!"
Duh....
     I would try to climb down and the ladder would sway as if it was going to fall.  I would try to start climbing down and the ladder would move violently as if it were to fall and I would certainly die from the fall. Once last important detail that I failed to mention was that I was buck naked up there. Yes, that is a bit weird even for me. At that point, I was glad that my bladder needed paying attention to and I woke up.
     No psychological evaluations please. The dream was weird enough.
This is the bedroom.  No deep trenches here.




 












           

No comments:

Post a Comment