Monday, October 15, 2012

Football

     This is dangerous.  I am sitting in my recliner watching my beloved 49ers get thumped by the NY Giants. That is all I'll say about the game, but what is dangerous is my little brain is working overtime here thinking about the game.  Not the mess that I am watching, but the game itself, that wonderful game we Americans call football.  I realize that many of my reader is not American, but please bear with me on this.
      There are some in this great wide world that would argue that what we watch here in America is not football.  They contend that football is played on a field with net goals on each end and a round ball. The ball is only touched with the foot.  It can be deflected or bumped by the rest of the body, but you cannot use your hands.  We here in America call this soccer, and what is a sweeper anyway?  The rest of the world really knows a great way to watch the grass grow, doesn't it?  What's up with Goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll!!!!!! I don't know, something is just not right here.
     My heart goes out to the Australians. They play a game that they call "football".  I'm not sure about that one yet, but I do know that they do kick the ball.  They run and throw it a lot too. It looks a lot like rugby, and I guess that could be classified as football as well. What is a "scrum" anyway and would I really want to collide with a guy running full speed toward me that is as solid as steel ad trying to tatoo me with cleat marks as he runs over me. The horrible thing about this is He will do this while I am not wearing any appreciable protective gear.    I think not. At least in football, I mean soccer--uh, I mean football--or is it soccer, now I am confused--you don't deliberately run someone over. There are collisions, but if they are deliberate you are penalized.
     I played football and was good at my position.  I was all-league at my position, which was "left out".  That was bad, I know but I had to take the shot.  I really didn't play football, golf was my sport as you probably know.  Do you know how much a toll on your body it is trying to make a two-foot putt to win a big match? A quarter is a lot of money afterall.
     Got to run, Its time for the baseball game.  Cricket anyone?


Its in the news again.  Hackers hacked into another bank.  Its not just your bank records, either.  Take a look at "Identity Shield" Identity theft protection.  Click the button and take a look.  It is less expensive thatn you think to be protected.      

       

No comments:

Post a Comment