Friday, December 28, 2012

The Tree

     You all know how I like coming up with what I call The Question of the Ages.  As I sat here wondering what I was going to write about,  I really didn't have a clue until just a second ago.  The brilliant light went on and it hit me, almost literally as a bulb in the light fixture which has a short in it came on suddenly without warning.  
     The Christmas tree nearly fell on top of me when I got up to answer the door.  This incident in and of itself would  give one cause to ponder many things but something else hit me as far as the tree was concerned.  Here is the latest Question of the Ages.  Today is December 28 and Christmas was five days ago.  Why is our tree still up?  When will it be taken down so that we can walk about our small apartment? I realize that is two questions, but I have problems counting anyway so cut me a break on this one.
      I open the questions for discussion.  How long should a Christmas tree be left up after Christmas? After all, it looks kind of naked after all the presents are gone.  They also have a tendency to dry up. Its (did I get that right?) color has gone from a fresh and brilliant green to a dull grey green.  I love watching all those news reports on TV as to how fast a dried out Christmas tree goes up in flames.  That is a great encouragement.
       Our solid waste division here in Fresno wants us to cut them up and put them in the trash.  They are to be no more than four feet sections.  OK, I would be willing to do this but I don't have a saw.
      This particular post I realize is not up to my high standards of work.  I understand that and must beg your patience.  I am rushing to get some things finished so that I may clear the weekend to get to my New Year's celebration and am sure that many of you will cut me some slack on this because you are going through the same type of things.




     One last thing by the way.  I am listening to the Masters and Commanders CD which has some great music on it.  Mr. Crowe, again I say that I love your work but I still think you struggled with the singing in Les Miserables.      







     One last last thing and this doesn't have to do with anything.  I just thought I would share this with you, Batman's view of St. Louis, Missouri when he is flying around in the Bat Copter.

No comments:

Post a Comment