Thursday, January 16, 2014

A PHONEY Post

     After I posted yesterday about phones, I remembered something that also gets my juices flowing as far as the phone is concerned. The new smartphones talk back to you.  I am not talking about the person on the other end of the line.  I am talking about the phone itself. Why?
     I will never use that feature on my phone. I have so many people and gadgets talking back to me right now that I am in voice activated shock. The gadgets in my life almost talk more than I do, and that is saying a lot. I don't mind Denise talking and giving me directions, but my phone.  That is a bit much.
      What happens when the phone gets tired of searching and doing things for you on the net or whatever. Does it get testy? I can see it now.
       Search "good pizza restaurants in Kolpucky, Nebraska." (I really don't know if there is a Kolpucky I just made that up.)
       The phone comes back with, "Excuse me, I'm not your mother. You lazy sucker, can't you use a keyboard and search it for yourself? Why do I have to do all the work for you? I'm busy, you can do it for yourself.  How many times have I searched something or dialed something for you today? Sorry, I'm done.  Do it yourself."
      What has happened to this world of ours.  I also didn't say yesterday that a phone is for dial-talk to the person on the other end, or ring-ring, pick up the phone and talk to the person on the other end of the line.  That's it, nothing more. Someday, the phones of this world will rise up and make us slaves.  The world will be run by phones and we will be just those stupid humans to them.  Machines will take over.  Remember the Cylons in Battlestar Gallactica. Oh my gosh, its happening.
     Excuse me, I have to make a call to wish my daughter a Happy Birthday---on my new smartphone.
I probably could use one of these right now.  I don't drink though.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment