Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Yes! I'm Back In Business.

     It came in yesterday's mail.  This was something I have been waiting for a long time after the last one was compromised. Thank God it came, I'm back in business again.  How can anyone live without it.  Its almost like being without a cell phone and not being able to check today's stock quotes. Its here, my new plastic bank debit card and I will use it.
     Now, let's do some damage.  What shall I use it on.  What purchase can I make to make me very happy, not that I am not happy now.  Ah yes, let's try the internet.  How about yachts.
      Here's a nice little yacht that catches my fancy.  Seven hundred and fifty foot with a pretty generous beam.  What are the amenities, let's see.  Ocean going capabilities with a completely modern navigation system, seems pretty good already.  You know how much I love to cruise.  The boat comes equipped with five decks, a gourmet galley, seven bedrooms in which the master suite takes up half a deck, a pool with a hot tub plus an indoor hot tub.  It cruises at thirty-five knots and can go anywhere in the world. Oh yes, don't forget the helicopter which can land on the helicopter deck which comes with the yacht for an asking price of $25 million. Does it come with the girls in the bikinis? (I didn't mean that Denise. I only threw that in to get a chuckle.)  I'll take it!
     Let me get my card out.  Excuse me, I have to call and activate it first, done.  Now, let me fill out the purchase agreement, card #XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3210...done.  I'm waiting back...What?  CARD DECLINED? Why?  See if that yacht company will get my business again. Let's try something else.
     How about a sports car?  I miss my black 350 Z.  I think I will upgrade on this one.  I think I will try a brand new 370Z, I'm worth it.  Originally I thought that I would try to buy a Lambroghini, but I can't spell Lambroghini and that would be a bit gauche, so I wont even go there.  I will stick with a 370Z.
     Ok, here is one, brand new at the dealership here in Merced with an asking price of $62,000 out the door. Just what I want. Its black with black interior, just like the one I had before the disaster.  It has everything I want, and Denise and I will look fine in it.  I'll take it!
      This will just take a minute.  I need to fill in the blanks of the purchase agreement.  Let me put in the card numbers here, XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3210, that should do it. CARD DECLINED? That's twice that has happened.  What's wrong here?  Its a new card and I just activated it.  It should work.  Let me try something else.
      I need some golf balls.  I won't go new on this.  Here is a sleeve of reconditioned Pro-V 1's for ninety-nine cents.  Let's try that.  I'll fill out the order, I always wanted some reconditioned Pro-V's.  Here is the number, XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-3210.  CARD DECLINED...What is this? I'm going to call the bank.
       Let me call the bank to find out what's wrong.  They are on the phone now.  I've got the recording that tells me my totals. "Your available balance in savings and checking is seventy-five cents."  Does that mean I cant use my card? Nuts!
There's the yacht I wanted to by.  Oh well.
   

             
   

No comments:

Post a Comment