Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chocolate Cherios?

     As you know, I am famous for coming up with "Questions for the Ages". As I was writing my post for yesterday, one struck me.  Why do we need 20 different flavors of Cherios?
     Now I know that there are brilliant minds somewhere pondering some very heavy questions such  as "How do we cure cancer?" or "How are we going to feed seven billion people?", but we also need to keep our eye on some not so important questions.  Incidentally, as far as feeding seven billion people do we really need another flavor of Cherios.  Is that an efficient use of our resources? I don't know.
     When I was growing up, there was only one Cherios. It kind of tasted like sawdust as most cereals do, but I ate it.  Actually, I am kind of a Frosted Flakes kind of guy but when mom bought Cherios after the Frosted Flakes were gone and Cherios was all we had it became a sort of life and death situation.  I needed to eat the Cherios or die of starvation. After all, as mom would say, there were starving children in Outer Swombania who would kill for a bowl of Cherios.  Nevertheless, in order to survive and stave off starvation I choked down my Cherios. They still tasted like sawdust, but great for your heart.
     Then came the break through. The world was thrown off it's axis with the invention and introduction of Honey-Nut Cherios and the stupid little bee. Viva la'difference and hooray for choice.  Cherios became palatable and had flavor. They were pretty good, but I was still a Frosted Flake guy.  My allegiance was to Tony The Tiger, not that stupid bee. It may have been just a guy thing, but I was still a kid. The world now had a choice.
     Things are getting a bit our of hand.  I went to the store and saw that there were many forms of Cherios.  Let's see now.  There was regular Cherios, Honey Nut Cherios with that stupid bee, there was Dark Chocolate Cherios and regular Chocolate Cherios as well as the new guy on the block, which really takes the cake, Honey Nut Cherios Crunch Medley with flakes.  There's that stupid Bee again.
     Honestly now, do we really need Fruit Medely Flavor Cherios? Excuse me but I think that I will stick to Fruit Loops.  I know that they are made from a different grain and don't have the heart benefits, but really? Give me a bowl of Fruit Loops or Cocoa Puffs any day over a bowl of Cherios.
     What about Wheaties?
Cherios NO! How about a nutritious bacon wrapped corn dog?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment