Wednesday, January 15, 2014

E.T. Phone Home...Why?

     What is a phone for? Do we really need to be in constant communication with the world around us? No! A phone is basically a communication tool to talk to other people, and not constantly. The next thing you know, they will be implanting a phone in our heads. No Way!
     OK, its confession time.  Yes, I do own a Smartphone. Do I go on the internet constantly-- the internet is another thing that we may be looking at in the future--especially from my phone?  Do I need to write down notes to myself on my phone?  How about dates?  Do I need that electronic calendar that is included on my phone? Why should I write a text to someone when I can call them and talk to them directly?
      Now there's one that really bothers me. A phone is for talking to, using voices by the way, another person over a long distance. Why would you want to write what you are saying when you could talk to them directly.  Oh, and couldn't what you have to say to them wait until you get home and use the landline phone?      Whatever happened to being incognito?  Why would I want to talk to somebody when I am out on the golf course. Don't bother me, I want to be left alone. No, I don't owe you that five bucks, the check is in the mail. Would I really want to know if the house is burning down when I am having the round of my life at several strokes under par and about to win a two dollar bet from Steve? I don't think so. Just save my "Dogs Playing Poker" picture. Let's face it folks, there is nothing you can do in that situation.
     A phone is a tool to be used for communicating, but not constantly. It is not something that you abuse by not hanging up. A phone's best use is for ordering a pizza to be delivered when you are watching the game. I refuse to let my phone control my life.
     By the way, hand me my cell phone please, I have to make a tee time for Saturday. Let me go to the GolfNow Ap. Let me call the guys and make sure they will be there. Now, let me see.  Where do they keep the Chocolate Cherios here in Walmart?


PS:  Happy Birthday Holly!  I love you.
Ah yes, bring back the good old days!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment