Monday, January 20, 2014

I Gotta Be Me...I Gotta Be Me...

     When I told my last bad joke Denise said, "You are very weird." She said that in a sort of loving way, I understand, but it got me to thinking.  No, I'm not weird, I'm just different.  What's wrong with that.
Let's take a closer look at that.  Am I weird or just different?
     The dictionary has this definition for weird. This is out of The American College Dictionary.  "Weird: startling or extraordinarily singular or odd."  No mention of different. I may be a bit odd and walk to the beat of a different drummer, but I don't think that the degree of my oddness is particularly extraordinary. I don't know.  You decide.
     I like to think of myself as just being a little bit different. Is it wrong to look at the world in a way other that that accepted by everyone else? I refuse to. Why not see humorous side of the situation and what could be a very difficult life here on Earth.
     I look at life through a different set of filters.  No matter how bad the situation, and we do need to be serious most of the time, why not see it from the humorous side.  Does that make sense?  Why not throw in some crazy behavior to lighten the load? Not for every situation and all the time, but to maintain sanity.                What's wrong with a good pun or play on words to lighten things up. My brain just works that way, and what good is it if it is not shared with someone else? That someone else happens to be Denise most of the time and the frequency of those comments seem to be coming a bit too often for her, but what the heck?  I need someone to bounce these things off of.  I know most of them are misses, but I have hit some home runs as well. Its the process, and a groan is almost as good as a belly laugh. After all, it is a process.
     I'm sorry.  "Dogs Playing Poker" inspire me.  I admire the person not only that painted the work, but thought of it and probably made a lot of money on it. Was he or she different or weird? I don't know but I'm guessing pretty rich. Which brings me to "The Three Stooges".
Denise, I love her so much! She's going to kill me for this--Oh well.
 
         

1 comment:

  1. Where in the world was this picture taken?

    ReplyDelete