Thursday, January 23, 2014

Oh Look! A New Spot On The Wall

      Denise looks at me a lot and I can see she is concerned.  Sometimes that look she gets of concern conveys a real caring on her part, especially when it comes to my mental health.  She looks at me a lot with that look, and I understand her concern especially when I am starring at a blank wall or blankly out into space.  I want to assure her, and I have, that I am somewhat all there.  That stare only signifies that a proce
ss is going on in my brain.  The wheels are turning and I am either creating or digesting all the sensory inputs my body is sending me.  I would rather be digesting a pizza, but that's just the way life is.  Wait, sometimes--rarely lately though--I am digesting a pizza.
     Much can be said about starring at blank walls. It sort of clears the mind.  What is there to look at when a wall is blank--nothing?  It kind of leaves you free to think clearly, especially when the T.V. isn't on. Sometimes the T.V. is on but if the experience of starring at the wall is truly productive and deep, you don't notice. I guess I am talented in that way as I can have the T.V. blasting and still stare blankly off into space at the wall. this really does take talent and a special gift.  Some people, I won't mention any names, just don't believe it.
     We have several blank white wall in our house right now.  There are a lot of things that we can put up on the walls to decorate them, but we just haven't gotten around to hanging them. There is a plus in this.  There are more blank walls to stare at and I can stare at any of these walls and that will stir my creativity. It gets my mind wandering and thinking.  What an opportunity.
     My favorite wall to stare at is not blank at all.  It is the wall above my computer in my office.  This is my work desk.  Above the desk hanging on the wall is my beloved "Dogs Playing Poker" poster and a lot of other junk.  The other junk is superfluous--I like that word superfluous--and is basically only clutter.  But the
"Dogs" poster really inspires me and gets me going.  I wonder if the guy who painted it and though of the idea starred at the wall for inspiration. He probably did, and carried his stupid ideal all the way to the bank.
     I guess I am just weird.  Wait a minute, not weird but different. That's a new spot on the wall, isn't it?
Not a wall in the strictest sense, but still good for starring.
I do stare into this wall, but its not blank. 

This wall is in the bedroom.  I don't stare into it much. That's all I will say. 
Where most of my starring takes place. What an inspiration! I know its not blank but it inspires.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment