Wednesday, January 29, 2014

That's A Great Idea To Write About!

     How many times has it crossed your mind to ask me where I get my ideas for my blog?  The burning question you have asked yourselves many times (or maybe not) is where do my topics come from.  After they come to me, where does the brilliance come from? I guess my answer to that would be, I don't know. They just kind of flash into my brain, and I have to seize them quickly. Some wonder how I function--as do I-- with the brain I have, so I do have to act fast.
     Most of the time, I use the "blank wall technique", which I talked about before. I don't meditate on the wall or anything, as that would be a bit demonic but sometimes an idea just pops into my head after a few minutes of starring at the wall. You might say that many of my posts are truly "off the wall", as I look at the wall when I am thinking.  Again, The "Dogs Playing Poker" poster and the window out to our back yard do come into play here as well.
     Most of the time I just start writing with no topic at all.  What comes out is absolutely meaningless, but sound good.  Maybe I should consider another line of work.  One that really suites my talents, such as politician.  Yes I did see the "State of the Union" Address last night and that is a good demonstration of what I am talking about.  I not just talking about what the President said either, but also the Republican response.  And, after watching for a while, I have decided I would be a good newsman as well.  They took nothing and turned it into ten hours of commentary.
    What I said in the last paragraph kind of scares me.  What I wrote there is kind of what I mean.  I said absolutely nothing about anything, I just wrote.  It did sound good though, you have to admit.
     The world is awash with ideas.  You just have to look for them.  Keep your eyes and ears open.  See what is there and be able to chuckle.
I have no caption for this. How about this is what the underside of a piano looks like? I don't know.  Be creative in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment