Friday, January 17, 2014

Man Cave!!!!

     I wasn't going to post today.  I know that after posting four in a row days, you are pretty tired of me, but I went on Facebook and a good friend of mine's post inspired me. Here's the thing.  Some ladies just don't understand the "Man Cave". I really don't want anyone to get the wrong impression either
Generation 2 "Man Cave"
Generation 2 "Man Cave".  Another view.  Generation 4 is a complete improvement as recreated in Merced.
.  I don't say that in a derogatory way toward women.  I love and respect women, but there is a difference between man and woman. What a boring world this would be if men and women were the same.
     The first thing that needs to be understood about a "Man Cave" is that it is a totally individual thing.  This place of refuge is an expression of that particular guy. He is the one who establishes the true meaning of this hallowed space, no one else. It can possess a deep spiritual meaning as seen by its creator, or it can be totally random in its construction. It can be an orderly and tidy space, or it can be a recreation of the explosion in Hiroshima. Again, this is up to the guy who inhabits this wonderful space. It is also up to the person who dwells here as to who "The Cave" is shared with or who enters "The Cave".
     Many people who would come into my "Cave" would gaze upon the elements I have chosen to display in my cave and say, "Wow, that's bizarre." But I would beg to differ with them.  Each bit of memorabilia and possession has a meaning and a reason for being where it is placed. There are a lot of them. I have my golf section.  I have my baseball memories section.  I have my cruise section and my "Mr. Laid Back" section.  I have my cups collection which I have collected in my travels and my nic-nacs on shelves.  King Kong even has a story and a meaning.  Where the white elephant comes from and its meaning is still to be determined. My wife calls me weird, I just say I'm different--but I will save that discussion for another blog.
     Yes, I will admit that it may seem cluttered and disorganized, random at best.  To some it is a demonstration of a mind that is seriously suffering from ADD, but what's wrong with that? I do suffer from ADD and this is my space, so there.  One last thing.  Thanks's Carl.  
         

No comments:

Post a Comment