Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Forest Gump Was Right!

     It is Wednesday and I am here at my desk writing this for you.  Yes, today is the day that I am going to write this and post it, as I had promised last night.  To my left is my coffee cup and I am ready to drink it, so I'm OK.  Where my mind was going last night, I don't know. I do know that I have to go to Fresno today, if that counts. I still have to go out of town, but that won't be until later. There will be no talk about when this will be published or what day it is.  It is still Thursday in Japan though. Let's get started, shall we?
     Forest Gump was right when he said, "Stupid is as stupid does." I saw that quite clearly demonstrated last night as I was filling up my tank on my Galant.  Why a Mitsubishi Galant could be a question you may ask, but that's not what I am going to talk about here.  It is old, a '95, and has been a great car. That's another story and back to the gas station.
     As I am pulling into the station, I pull up to the pump.  It is a small station with a small convenience store. Just outside the door I see and employee taking a break.  She's smoking.  I don't smoke and that could be included in this as far as the sanity of smoking.  If I have offended you with this, I apologize and will still love you but I still wonder about smoking. Back to the story.
     So, she's smoking right outside the door of the station.  She is sitting on a trash can I think, and right next to her is one of those Rhino propane tank displays.  You know, the ones where you bring your empty propane tank in and replace it with a full one.  No filling of the bottle, just give your old one to the station and take a new full one. She's not sitting but a foot away from the huge display of full bottles smoking.  Does she not see the huge "FLAMMABLE" sign written all over the display?  How about the very large "NO SMOKING" sign written in VERY Large letters and in red. I guess the propane business is exploding, but not in a way that could get us all killed. Takes a lot of brains, doesn't it. I really like a good laugh, but not one that I literally would get a big bang out of.
    I do know that we all do stupid things that we can look back and laugh at.  That's part of life. However, smoking in a gas station, especially next to a propane tank display is another matter.  You were right Forest.
Before there were gas stations and propane.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment