Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Space, The Final Frontier

     Don't worry, I am drinking my first cup of coffee for the morning and I am lucid. I even put the dishes in the dishwasher and started it. I have energy to burn right now. After I post I will do my exercises and make the day count. How I don't know, but it does sound good, doesn't it? King Kong says hi by the way.
     As I said in yesterday's post, I set up my office. All the pictures are up, nic-nacs are on their shelves waiting to be dusted and the furniture is set where I want it.  Don't worry, I am fighting very hard the call of the recliner I have in my office to take a break, not yet.
      Even though this house is four bedroom and has more square footage than the house in Fresno the bedrooms are smaller. The master bedroom is huge but the other bedrooms are smaller.  My office is about 2-3 feet shorter in wall space. Question was, where do I put my beloved stuff?
     Denise said that I would never get all my stuff in and the wall hangings up.  Oh ye of little faith, watch me. The furniture is in, including the recliner, table chair and new book case. My nic nacs have a new home, although they have been rearranged slightly.  I didn't loose a travel coffee mug or a drinking tankard.  Wow, I'm good.  I had to go vertical on the wall hangings and spread them out, but they all fit.
     Everything is up.  Denise is always amazed when I pull something off like this. My "Dogs Playing Poker" is up as I said yesterday, and my "Two Lovers In A New York Bar" panels are also up. "Two Lovers In A New York Bar" is two particular paintings and present a challenge because they are two paintings which need to be hung right by each other at the same height no further apart than two inches, not to mention both need to be level. This is quite a feat. So is hanging "The Dogs".  Bottom line is, I did it.  I know most of the hangings are not exactly level, but the wall is crooked.  OK, that's not necessarily true but I had to come up with some sort of explanation. How about I have one leg shorter than the other so I don't stand level.
     Where's that recliner?
I don't have any of my pictures of New York. How about St. Louis instead?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment