Monday, January 13, 2014

She's Always Right---Most Of The Time

   Why does it continue to be abundantly clear that my wife is always right?  Well, to say always is not exactly true.  Let's just say a majority of the time.  It has taken me a long time to come to that conclusion, but it is a solid one. Many times it is a man's way or the right way, which the right way in most cases turns out to be his wife or girlfriend's way. Such it is in my case most of the time.
     Take this morning.  We are in the process of setting up our house, and as such we are working in our pantry. Yesterday I bought breakfast cereal, which takes up a lot of space.  The boxes are large and odd sized.  Denise also likes to transfer the different cereals into plastic pouring containers. That is a fantastic idea for cereal, by the way. Whoever thought that one up should receive the Nobel Prize for usable technology.        One of the containers was one-third full of dark chocolate cherios. At the store, I purchased a box of chocolate cherios and we had another box of honey-nut cherios partially eaten stored up in the pantry. Why not consolidate all three boxes of cherios into one plastic container?  What a great idea!  So, I poured the new box of chocolate cherios into the plastic container along with the partial box of honey-nut cherios.
    It was a very pretty sight, almost like the things you make at the fair with colored sand in bottles. Each layer of sand you pour into the small bottle is a different color, creating a pretty bottle.  You have several layers of different color sand which makes a colorful pattern.  You don't want the sands to mix because they will become an ugly shade of brown.
     With the cherios, I wanted the layers in the container to mix. Being an egalitarian kind of guy, I didn't want separate layers of cherios, but wanted a mix so that one type of cherio was not better than another. That's kind of stupid, so I will drop that line of thought.  Let's just leave it at the fact that I wanted the cherios to mix in the container. It's just easier that way. It was kind of pretty though, the different layers of cherios in that plastic container. No fruit flavored, that's another story.
     Time to mix the cherios.  Well, the easiest way to mix the cherios is to shake the container, right? Let's shake!
     Denise saw this and said, "You might want to hold the lid down when you shake the container.  Believe me, I know this from experience that the lid will come off and you will have cherios everywhere."
     She said that in a very non-threatening way and I said, " OK." and kept on shaking with my hands firmly not on the lid of the container.
      Ooops was the only word which could come out of my mouth as I reached for the broom and dust pan. I actually was proud of Denise.  She could have said something.  Even more, she could have had a look on her face that clearly stated "Why did you do that stupid when I told you exactly what would happen?". That look never materialized. She knows me very well and loves me very much so she just kind of shrugged her shoulders and walked away.  I think she was laughing, and hard, but I can't prove this as I had my head down sweeping up cherios.  
     Yes, Denise is always right.
Yep, That's my beautiful bride and I love her so much. She's a heck of a golfer too!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment