Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back At It Today

     I have been told that since I have retired from teaching, I don't work. That is a completely inaccurate statement.  I have a lot to do, and I am doing it right now.  That realization has hit me and hit me hard, which is a point that I try to make to my friends.  I am a writer and just because I stay home to practice my craft, I am still working.
     Do you know how hard it is to create something every day out of nothing?  After you have the idea in your head, you still have to share that idea with others via some sort of media.  My case just happens to be with print, working very hard to come up with an idea to share every day and it isn't easy let me tell you. Once it is down in print, someone is going to criticize your grammar and spelling not to mention the idea and piece itself.
     Sometimes one must fake it.  Today is a prime example of that.  I woke up this morning and was mulling over in my head what to write.  There was nothing there.  OK, I know what you are thinking and that his how is that different than any other day in my life. You never have anything in your head, which seems to be totally empty one could comment.  Well, I have worked very hard in order to maintain that illusion and there is a lot going on in my totally not so normal brain.  In many cases, there is too much going on in that brain of mine.  Sometimes I can't focus and the thoughts get in the way, and other times there just isn't anything there. In fact, the room is full of smoke right now because I am trying so very hard to create something out of nothing.
Is there something he knows I don't?
     By the way, I have a couple of new sponsors.  Check them out. That's it for today, I have to go rest because I am doing too much of nothing.      

No comments:

Post a Comment