Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Career

     Denise is a pianist and knows a lot about pianos. One of her crafts is that she not only is an accompanist, but also tunes pianos as well. I went with her yesterday on a piano call to work on a piano that needed to be fixed. My job was piano "scrub nurse" handing her the tools she needed to get the job done. I may be looking at a new career.
     It was an interesting appointment, watching Denise work on the piano.  She knew exactly what to do when diagnosing the problem and  had the piano apart tackling the problem like a linebacker making a tackle in the Superbowl (Go 49ers). I truly didn't realize how much there was to a piano.  I just thought it was a keyboard and some strings, but when the piano was apart I was amazed.
I was thinking of a new career as a stunt pilot, but the FAA frowned on that one.
     I have a new love for Denise.  She climbed under the instrument and went to work. No fear of a feminine daintiness, she just did what was needed to get the job done. The job was finished and there were no parts left over.  The thought occurred to me that if it was me working on a piano, on anything for that matter, there would be parts left over.  There always is when I work on anything mechanical.  She truly is amazing!
    As far as my new career as piano "scrub nurse", I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment