Friday, January 18, 2013

Hey Sports Fans! Take Two

     I am sitting at home now at my computer in my blog post position.  It is quiet and I am ready to focus. Topping the agenda is to write the post that was supposed to come to you yesterday.  On with the task!
    Tuesday was a good day for me.  I met a former basketball player who played for Fresno State.  Don't hate me for this, but I look up to most basketball players, literally. At five feet seven, uh five foot six and three quarters OK< OK five feet six I am not the tallest person in the world.  When I come to a six foot nine basketball star it is sort of like a strawberry plant looking up to a California Coastal Redwood. There is a bit of a height difference.  That is why I say that I look up to most basketball players. I am not going to say who the player was but I will say that after talking to him, I do look up to him and what he has accomplished for the community as well. This guy is a giant, both in stature and accomplishment and giving back to the community.
     As usual, when I met the gentleman we exchanged a hearty handshake.  I had to ask though where did my hand disappear to? I will admit that I have very small hands, and feet for that matter but we are not talking about feet.  His hands were huge!

I Tried Beer Pong Once...That Was Close To Bball
I Think I will Stick To Golf
     I never was any good at basketball, in fact I think that I have never gotten the ball through the hoop. You don't understand, never. It has been written somewhere in the book of the world that short Greek and Italian golfers should not play basketball.  It throws their putting off.  That may be, but I have never been a basketball player, nor will I ever be.  Maybe the player I met can carry me?   

















     I never was any good at basketball, in fact I think that I have never gotten the ball through the hoop. You don't understand, never. It has been written somewhere in the book of the world that short Greek and Italian golfers should not play basketball.  It throws their putting off.  That may be, but I have never been a basketball player, nor will I ever be.  Maybe this guy can carry me?    

No comments:

Post a Comment