Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mitch Miller, Help Me Please!

     Hello to all, and a special Wie Gehts to my friend in Germany. I appreciate all of your faithful reading of my incoherent drivel. I noticed that I had my largest numbers of viewers yesterday. I want to welcome those who are new with the hope you keep reading and tuning in. Thank you for being there.  Now it is time to move on and share what is clogging my small brain.  I could have said might brain, but you all have read my posts from the past and would REALLY begin to wonder if I had gone over the mental fiscal cliff. Those three words kind of don't go together, but I thought I would try to use them together anyway. This is after all an experimental blog, and sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.  In the case of my writing in this blog, mostly don't.  I am having fun though and I hope you are enjoying the posts.  If not, what can I say?
     I don't know how many of you know who Mitch Miller was. I have a friend named Mitch Maler, but he is a different guy. There are not that many people named Mitch in this world is there?  I am getting way away from the subject, but you know that is what I do.
     At any rate, for those who don't know who Mitch Maler, sorry, Mitch Miller is, he had a TV show in the 50's and 60's where he had a chorus and they sang songs.  The fun thing about the show was that they wanted the audience out in TV land to sing along with the songs that the chorus sang, and would have the words on the TV screen.  There was bouncing ball that followed the tune and where the chorus was in the song.  That sounds a bit confusing in words, but you know how I can get confused in my head so just go with it for our purposes here.  It was a lot of fun, and those of you who are familiar with the show know what I am talking about.
     You are probably asking me what is the point here with this.  Here it comes.  I am singing a duet with a very good singer today at my lady friend's church.  She is accompanying us on the piano by the way.  I am sort of nervous about the whole thing and this was one of those many times that I "opened mouth, inserted foot."  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy singing and have been told several times I sing extremely well, but they were in the asylum.  Sometimes I question their qualifications as music reviewers. Actually at this point I am not sort of nervous, I am extremely nervous. Mitch Miller where are you? Where is your bouncing ball?
     I need to follow the bouncing ball.  I have my music, but what are all squiggly lines those, lines and balls at the end of sticks and why do they sometimes connect?  Why are there three or four of them connected together. Why do the sticks on the balls point up or down?  Why are there some on top of each other that go up and down? Mitch Miller, I think that's the one not Maler,  HELP!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment