Friday, January 25, 2013

You're a Character, Dave

     To comment on the title of today's blog, I would have to yes I am.  My intentions are to foster that image around the town.  Let's face it, I enjoy it.  Why not bring a little spice into the lives of others around you, especially those who need a little cheering up and a good laugh. If it comes at my reasonable expense, I will boogie on!
     As I have said, I ride the bus now wherever I go in Fresno.  To me, it is interesting to look at the faces of those getting on the bus.  It is something I do to most people and a good number of people have that look on their face that something bad is about to happen.  Tragedy seems to be right around the corner, if you take a look and read their facial expressions. Many times it is just a blank stare, one of "I have my wall up, I don't want to deal with anything now" look.  We all know what I am talking about, and I am just as guilty of putting on that face as the next guy.
     It is my job to at least try to bring some joy into as many people's life as I can.  Riding the bus is just a start.  It can be a simple thing such as a smile and a warm hello.  Many times after I have said hello and smiled to someone, that sully expression disappears and they break out in a smile and a hello right back.  You would be surprised how many times my smile and hello brings on a conversation, as well as easing the tense body language of the person I said hello to. Two people have connected, myself and that other person.  Hopefully, that connection will have changed the other persons day.  Who knows?
Don't know what the heck this picture is, but I am sure that I smiled and said hello to whoever it was. 
     Yes, I am that guy who is always smiling and greeting people on the bus, and wherever I go.  What is wrong with gaining a reputation like that. I hope that reputation grows and I can put still more joy into as many people's lives as I can, if just for a moment of those lives. So, "Good Morning, hope your day is going well.".        
   

No comments:

Post a Comment