Saturday, January 5, 2013

Give the Raspberry to the Apricot

     Yesterday's bit of drivel focused on coffee cake.  I want to take that a step farther and  briefly and talk about a certain coffee cake where the baker has married raspberries and apricots.  I am not totally sure about this one. If there is to be a royal battle in the heavens, it is assuredly going to be between raspberries and apricots.  And I am not even asking the question what do you do with your coffee cake if you don't either have coffee or drink the excellent dark brew.  That question came from left field, I understand but I haven't had my coffee yet and you know what that does to me.
    Back to the raspberry apricot coffee cake so that we may remain on task.  things will get better now as I have poured my cup of coffee. I like raspberries, but I am not so sure about apricots.  We had an apricot tree in our back yard when I was growing up and I ate myself silly goring on apricots.  Maybe that is why I can't look an apricot in the eye, let alone eat it. People have even tried to hide the apricot by cross breeding it with a plum and calling it a plucot.  Now way are you going to fool this cowboy.  It is still an apricot in disguise.  
     Please, if you are an apricot grower in Patterson, California or wherever the wonderful fruit is grown, not take any offense to what I am saying..  Again, this is my opinion sort of like Russell Crowe not being able to sing.
     Getting back to the raspberry apricot coffee cake there is one more comment I would like to bring up and that is the full name of this concoction is Raspberry Apricot Danish Coffee Cake.  It has the flakyness of a danish but is called a coffee cake.  What is the baker trying to do?  I think it is a stealth move initiated by the Department of Defense to get me to eat apricots.  Good try fellas, but it isn't going to work.
     One last think needs to be pondered.  Is it a coffee cake if I don't have a cup of coffee when I eat it?  That's not going to happen, because I always drink a glass of milk when I eat cake.  I do have coffee when I have a danish though. Now I'm confused.  As you probably know, that doesn't take much to happen.      

No comments:

Post a Comment