Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24, Take Two

     So, the post of earlier today was really not one of my best efforts. There is an explanation to that one.  I know, you have heard it before but today it is very true.  Here it comes, I didn't have my coffee.  That very fact sets up what I have to say in this installment of what is going on in my little brain.  It is scary, and I have to come to that conclusion that it is very scary being me. Let's face it though, it's all I have and I am stuck with who I am. Don't be sad for me, I have accepted the facts and they are what they are.
     This morning, I was out of coffee.  I knew it, the plan being for me to get on the bus and travel the long distance to the Starbuck's in Riverpark here in Fresno to secure a cup for me to consume.  Don't worry, I wasn't going to go to Starbuck's just to get a cup of coffee but like most people Starbuck's has become my office away from the office-wait, I don't have an office-well, you got the idea. At any rate, there is a Target near the Starbuck's and I thought that I would go get a bag of coffee there, whole bean of course. It struck me, it is a long walk across the parking lot from Starbuck's to Target. Do I really need coffee that bad? Excuse me Denise for my language but HELL YES!!!! Is there another alternative to the long and arduous hike from Starbuck's to Target back to the bus stop?
     There it was, big as you please steps away from the bus stop, a World Market Imports the solution to my problem. In I went and was in luck, they had a whole coffee section in the back filled with exotic whole bean coffees.  Having attention deficit, It must be said that I was overwhelmed at the dizzying number of coffees.  I like a dark roast, so I went with the dark roast Kenyan but it was a tough decision. I got back on the bus for the long arduous journey home.  Come on now, I have to change buses.
This picture has nothing to do with coffee or this post, I just thought I would  put it in here.
     I am back at home now and have ground some beans for a pot of coffee which is about to finish brewing.  Because I think of you as being very special to me, I am going to share with you the results of the pot of coffee and whether or not it was worth the trip.  Are you ready, I am pouring-in go the sugar and cream and by the way, if you are a purist and drink your coffee black I'm sorry I like mine with cream and sugar-here goes the tasting.  Ahhhhh!!!!Nirvana.        

No comments:

Post a Comment