Monday, January 28, 2013

Now, Where Did I Put...

     Tell me if you have ever had this happen to you.  There is something that you need such as a particular document because you are doing your income taxes. You know you received the document, but you don't remember where you put it.  The frustration level grows because you search and search but still cannot find it. Come on now, we have all been there and you can admit it.  You are among friends and we won't think any less of you.
     Suddenly, just as the sun comes up over the Sierra Nevada every morning, you remember where you put the darn thing.  Instead of placing it neatly in the pile of important and unimportant papers on your desk, you had the foresight to file it in your filing cabinet in a file designated to the classification of the document you need. Why did you do that?
     I know I am going to take a lot of flak for this next statement, but here goes.  I am not afraid, I can take the heat.  Organization is for sissies. What fun is there in saving time and frustration knowing you can find something right off the bat when you need it?
     Life has a lot of ups and downs which add to the fun of life, so why take away the thrill of not knowing where something is? It is in the nature of man to be a "hunter-gatherer". What amount of practice for honing that instinct is there when you put something away in its place? The "hunting" part of that nature is the fun part.  If something is put away in its place that places you in the "gatherer" category which is not as fun. This is not by any means limited to whether you are a man or a woman either. Without getting myself into trouble and opening a can of worms, that is as far as I go on the male/female discussion.  I will leave sleeping dogs lie and you can think about that one yourself.
     Now excuse me, I am going to do my taxes.  Where did I put that W2 form? What about the receipts for charitable deductions?  I know I put them in this pile somewhere. Maybe it was this pile over here.  Hmmm....
When I really want you to think hard on something, I will  show this picture.
     This is fun!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment